Marx Reading group (Session Two)
- Marx Reading group (Session Two)
- Introduced by: Philip Cook (Lecturer in Political Theory) # TBC
- Hosted by
- Introduced by
- Date and Time
- 11th Jun 2018 14:00 - 11th Jun 2018 15:30
- 1.12 (Crystal Macmillan building)
You're invited to join a Marx Reading group, which will be reading this month excerpts from Chapter 1 of Capital, Marx's major work and the most cited book in the social sciences published before 1950.
• Session One: Wednesday 30th May, 10am-11.30am, Chapter 1 The Commodity parts 1 & 2 'The Two Factors of the Commodity: Use-Value and Value' and 'The Dual Character of the Labour Embodied in Commodities'
• Session Two: Monday 11th June, 2pm-3.30pm, Chapter 1 'The Commodity' part 3 (a) 'The Value Form or Exchange Value: The Simple Isolated or Accidental Form of Value'
• Session Three: Monday 25th June, 2pm-3.30pm, Chapter 1 part 3 (b) & part 4 'The Total or Expanded Form of Value' and 'The Fetishism of the Commodity and its Secret'
The gatherings will take place in Room 1.12 of the Crystal Macmillan building (Practice Suite)
No need to register, just turn up!
For more information, you can send an email to Philip Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.