SPS Graduate School Burns Supper
Monday 24th Jan, 6.45 til late, Teviot Debating Hall
The next jewel in the SPS social calendar is the highly popular Grad School Burns Supper on Monday January 24 from 6.45 pm. We will be celebrating Scotland's national poet in the traditional way- with a few wee twists along the way. Open to all academic and support staff, post doctoral fellows and postgraduate students, and their guests. Tickets are priced at £22.50 (staff on UEO 8 and above); and £16.50 for students (and staff on UEO 7 and below).
The price includes:
* Three course traditional Burns supper with free dram of whisky
* Full Burns entertainment hosted by MC Professor David McCrone , with Prof Jan Webb , Dr Andy Aitchison and Dr Aileen Christianson (LLC)
* Award winning Scots singer Wendy Carle Taylor www.wendycarletaylor.com/about/
* Acclaimed piper Louise Marshall Millington www.pipeforscotland.com/
* Charity Raffle with great prizes, including signed, limited edn print by Scottish artist Georgie Young www.georgie.young.com; and Whisky Bible's 2011 Single Malt Scotch of the Year Highland Park (aged 18 years).
The venue is once again the atmospheric Teviot Debating Hall and Loft Bar, Bristo Square.
Profits from the evening and all raffle monies go towards the SPS Scholarships Fund to provide support to exceptional students from developing countries studying in SPS. If you would like to donate a raffle prize, please contact Andy Aitchison or Fiona Mackay.
Not to be missed! Tickets available from GSO (1.19 CMB), Fiona Mackay (3.04 CMB) and Beckie Marsland (4.29 CMB) Special deal for groups: Buy 9 tickets, get 10th ticket free!