Call for Donations: Academic Books for Refugees
LIVED, a registered Scottish charity affiliated with the University of Edinburgh, in partnership with the School of Social and Political Science is inviting students and staff members to donate their academic books to refugees in Calais.
The ‘Jungle Library’, a library run by volunteers in Calais, has received demands from displaced individuals to provide specialized and/or academic books to assist them in furthering their higher education; an education which was interrupted as a consequence of war.
Academic books from any discipline are welcome, but especially those in the fields of:
- Politics and History of the countries concerned: South Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria
Dictionaries, such as French/English, French or English/native language of the people concerned are also welcome.
If you would like to donate your academic books, please bring them to one of the many drop-in points around the University:
- Chrystal Macmillan Building, Ground Floor, George Square
- Main Library, Ground Floor, George Square
- Noreen and Kenneth Murray Library, King’s Building Campus
- College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, Little France Campus
Thank you for supporting the education of refugees in Calais.
LIVED, with the University of Edinburgh School of Social and Political Science