SPS Embraces MOOC Learning
Our Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Social Wellbeing ran for the second time in May.
Contributions were made by colleagues from across Scottish academia and the third sector as participants joined from around the world.
A diverse range of themes included:
- the measurement of wellbeing
- the positive impact of walking and physical exercise
- the detrimental effects of an overly consumerist society
- the importance of wellbeing at work
- the barriers that prevent us from engraining wellbeing in private, professional and political decision making
The MOOC, developed with in partnership the University's Educational Design & Engagement team and supported by SPS, received great feedback from a variety of learners:
“I thoroughly enjoyed this course and hope that more courses of this nature are run to take our thinking further.”
“Personally, this course gave a better understanding of social wellbeing and helped me to reflect on my own country policies, with a critical view of how the institutions are (or not) taking wellbeing into account.”
“A great course; very helpful for me personally and professionally. Thank you for the input and the supportive comments too.”
For further instalments of this MOOC please visit Future Learn.