Information for Students
Administration and Quality Assurance on the Postgraduate Student Intranet has information on feedback on student experience, pastoral representation, student representation, communication (relating to use of email and email lists) and claiming expenses.
- Information is available on the Undergraduate Teaching Office: Year 1 & 2 microsite. Included is a Years 1 & 2 Student Handbook (PDF).
- For postgraduate information, see the Postgraduate Student Intranet: Pastoral Support and Guidance.
The University has a policy on academic and pastoral support which is available to download from the Academic Services website.
- There is information on the UTO Honours and Year 1 and 2 microsites about Student Involvement and Representation.
- Postgraduates should refer to the Student Involvement page on the Graduate School intranet
Further information about student representatives, including a role description, a list of class representatives, and advice on how academic staff can offer support, is available from the Edinburgh University Student Association (EUSA) website.
The BSc Social Work (Hons) and Master of Social Work have been accredited by external regulating body the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). The programmes were approved in August 2009 for five years.
Details about the University's collaborative agreements and arrangements, and guidelines for developing collaborative provision, are available from the Governance and Strategic Planning website.
Learning and teaching strategy
The University's Learning and Teaching Enhancement Strategy is available to download from the Policies section of the Academic Services website.
We aim to help students maximise their academic potential and get the most benefit from their programme of study and university experience. In line with our strategic goals of excellence in learning and teaching, we seek to enhance the student experience by creating a learning and teaching environment, and culture, that is dynamic, accessible and inclusive.
Information on accessible learning is available on the Undergraduate Teaching area on the Student Intranet.
The School of Social and Political Science contacts for Accessible Learning are:
- Dr Angus Bancroft, Deputy Director of the Graduate School (internal) from August 2011
- The name of the Undergraduate Accessible Learning contact will be published here shortly