- Arturo Delano
- African Studies School of Social and Political Science University of Edinburgh
albinism, vitiligo, piebaldism, poliosis, hypopigmentation, birthmarks, beauty-marks, burn classification, politics of skin, philosophical anthropology, African/Africana philosophy, transnational feminisms, feminist film theory, motherhood, black masculinity, transatlantic and contemporary slavery, social death, human and civic rights, investigative journalism, diversity in higher education, scholars at risk, siecle des lumieres, popular culture, visual culture, forgiveness
Alumnus of the American Film Institute (AFI) Conservatory (M.F.A.) in Los Angeles, California, the University of California at Berkeley (M.A.) and Wagner College (B.A.) in New York City, New York.
"The Business of Producing." Graduate Teaching Assistant (TA), American Film Institute (AFI) Conservatory, Los Angeles, California.
"The Art and Craft of Producing." Graduate Teaching Assistant (TA), American Film Institute (AFI) Conservatory, Los Angeles, California.
"Documentary Forms." Graduate Teaching Assistant (TA), University of California, Berkeley, Department of Media Studies.
- Course explored sub-genres of the documentary form—cinema-verite, polemical/ propagandist, investigative, quasi-narrative, and auto/biographical—through examples of works aimed at producing social or political change on the one hand, and inviting audiences to experience the world in new ways, on the other hand. Included mentoring student members of the universities Disabled Students' Program (DSP)—committed to ensuring all students with disabilities have equal access to education opportunities.
"The Writing Center." Writing Intensive Tutor (undergraduate and postgraduate), Wagner College, Department of English Literature, New York City, New York.
- Recipient, 2015. PhD Fieldwork Fund, School of Social and Political Science, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Recipient, 2014. Best Documentary, Jozi Film Festival, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Official Selection, 2014. San Diego Black Film Festival, San Diego, California.
- Official Selection, 2013. Souq Film Festival, Piccolo Teatro della Città di Milano, Italy.
- Recipient, 2013. Mark Felt Fellowship, Investigative Reporting Program (IRP), Berkeley, California: $7500
- Recipient, 2012. Margaret and William Randolph Hearst Grant, University of California at Berkeley: $4000
- Recipient, 2011. Graduate Opportunity Program (GOP) Fellowship, University of California at Berkeley.
- Recipient, 2011. Thomas Kendris Award in Expository and Journalistic Writing, Wagner College, New York, New York.
- Recipient, 2011. Jack J. Boies Award for Creative Writing, Wagner College, New York, New York.
National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation (NOAH)
Berneray Historical Society