- Alexandra Wright
- Social Policy School of Social and Political Science University of Edinburgh
- Edinburgh UK
- Research Interests
- Health policy, policy implementation, Health Systems Research, Public policy, Knowledge exchange, Evidence, alcohol policy
Exploring evidence-based policy implementation: a case of alcohol policy in Scotland
Dr. Katherine Smith and Dr. Sarah Morton
2012 MSc Comparative Social Policy, University of Oxford, UK
2011 BA Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University, Canada
What Works Scotland PhD Studentship, 2015-2018
Hellowell, M., Smith, K., Wright, A. (in press) Hard to Avoid but Difficult to Sustain: Scotland’s Innovative Health Tax on Large Retailers Selling Tobacco and Alcohol. The Milbank Quarterly.
Zabkiewicz, D., Patterson, M., Wright, A. (2014). A cross-sectional examination of the mental health of homeless mothers: Does the relationship between mothering and mental health vary by duration of homelessness? BMJ Open,4(e006174).
Minas, H., Wright, A., Kakuma, R. (2014). Goals and organisational structure of the movement for global mental health. International Journal of Mental Health Systems, 8(32).
Eaton, J., Kakuma, R., Wright, A., Minas, H. (2014). A position statement on mental health in the post-2015 development agenda. International Journal of Mental Health Systems, 8(28).
Minas, H., Wright, A., Zhao, M., Kakuma, R. (2014). International Journal of Mental Health Systems: A bibliometric study. International Journal of Mental Health Systems, 8(1).
- Snyder, J., Crooks, V., Wright, A., Johnston, R. (2012) “Medical Tourism Facilitators: Ethical Issues and Regulation” In Hodges, Turner & Kimball (eds.) Medical Tourism: Risks and Controversies in the Exploding Industry of Global Medicine. Santa Barbara: Praeger.
- Dua, T., Wright, A., Coloumbe, C. (2015). WHO Information Kit on Epilepsy: What you can do. Geneva: World Health Organization.
- Morton, S. & Wright, A. (2015). Getting evidence into action to improve Scotland’s public services. What Works Scotland Working Paper. Available at: http://whatworksscotland.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/WWS-MortonWright-Working-paper.pdf
- Shiell-Davis, K., & Wright, A. (2015). Scaling-Up Innovations. What Works Scotland Evidence Review. Available at: http://whatworksscotland.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/WWS-EB-evidence-review-Scaling-Up-Innovations-June-2015.pdf
2013 - 2016. Managing Editor, International Journal of Mental Health Systems (Impact Factor 1.22)