- Angelo Ercia
- Social Policy School of Social and Political Science University of Edinburgh
- Edinburgh UK
- Research Interests
- Minority rights, Health policy, Politics of health, Social Policy, statistical analysis, Health Systems Research, Mixed methods, Quantitative Research, qualitative research, Public health, Health Promotion, Global Health Policy, Evidence-based public health, HIV/AIDS, Health systems, Philippines, Sexual Health, Mental Health, Health Insurance, Public Health Practice and Policy, health inequalities and the social determinants of health, policy responses to health inequalities, social justice, Community based research, LGBT, Health Behaviour
The pursuit to expand health insurance coverage in the USA: Investigating the impact of the Affordable Care Act on Federally Qualified Health Centers
Dr. Mark Hellowell (Social Policy) & Dr. Sarah Hill (Social Policy)
MPH, Health Behavior & Health Promotion (2009), The University of Arizona College of Public Health
B.S., Human Development (2006), University of California, Davis
Current Research Project
Constructive conversations on "wicked issues": a 4 system comparison of controversial service changes
- This project explores public engagement around proposals to close or conduct major service change to NHS services in the 4 nations of the UK: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Previous Research Project
- Chemsex among gay, bisexual, and men who have sex wth men (MSM) in Scotland (GMH and NHS Lothian), 2015
- Gay Men's Understanding of Hepatitis C in Scotland (Project through GMH and in collaboration with Glasgow Caledonian University and University of Glasgow Medical Research Council), 2014
- Lee, J.P.; Kirkpatrick, S.; Rojas-Cheatham, A.; Sin, T.; Moore, R.S.; Tan, S.; Godoy, S.; and Ercia, A. "Improving the health of Cambodian Americans: Grassroots approaches and root causes," Progress in Community Health Partnerships (in press).
1. Ercia, A. (2016) Chem sex use among gay, bisexual and MSMs living in Scotland: Cross Sectional Survey 2015, GMH, Edinburgh, Scotland.
2. Ercia, A. (2015) Gay Men's Understanding of Hepatitis C in Scotland, 2015, GMH, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Ercia, A. (2015, October) The USA’s effort to reduce the uninsurance rate through the Affordable Care Act: Is it working? Oral presentation at the 8th Annual European Public Health Association, Milan, Italy.
Ercia, A. (2014, October) Chem sex use among gay, bisexual and MSMs living in Scotland: Cross Sectional Survey 2015, 5th Annual National Conference for Scotland on Gay and Bisexual Men's Health and Wellbeing, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Doing Survey Research (2nd semester, 2016)
Reviewed articles for Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action