- Sabastine Wakdok
- Social Policy School of Social and Political Science University of Edinburgh
- Edinburgh UK
- Research Interests
- Health policy, development and global health, Global Health Policy, Corruption, Health systems, Health services, Politics of health, qualitative research, health governance, HIV/AIDS, Public policy, Health Financing, Balance of power
Unpacking the 'Corruption Complex' in Healthcare: The influence of Corruption, Informal Practices and Practical Norms on Health Service Delivery in Nigeria
PhD Supervisors: Dr Mark Hellowell (Global Health Policy Unit)
Dr Gerhard Anders (International Development & African studies)
- MBA - University of Oxford, UK - 2020
- MSc in Public Policy - University College London (UCL), UK - 2018
- Certificate in International Management - Stanford University, USA - 2018
- Fellowship specialty, Family Medicine - West African College of Physicians- 2013
- Fellowship, Family Medicine - Postgradaute Medical College of Nigeria - 2013
- MBBS (Doctor of Medicine) - University of Jos, Nigeria - 2006
Publications & Authorship
- Olakunde BO, Wakdok SS, Adeyinka DA, Olakunde OA, Ndukwe CD, Oladele T, Udemezue S, Ezeanolue EE. Correlates of antiretroviral coverage for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in sub-Saharan Africa. AIDS Care. 2019;31(10):1255-1260.
- Babayemi O Olakunde, Daniel A Adeyinka, John O Olawepo, Jennifer R Pharr, Chamberline E Ozigbu, Sabastine Wakdok, Tolu Oladele, Echezona E Ezeanolue. Towards the elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Nigeria: a health system perspective of the achievements and challenges, International Health, Volume 11, Issue 4, July 2019, Pages 240–249, https://doi.org/10.1093/inthealth/ihz018
- Olakunde, B., Wakdok, S., Olaifa, Y., Agbo, F., Essen, U., Ojo, M, Ibi, S. (2018). Improving the coverage of prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV services in Nigeria: should traditional birth attendants be engaged? International Journal of STD & AIDS, 29(7), 687–690. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956462417745200
- Wakdok SS. (2013). The Effectiveness of Short Mobile Message Service (SMS) on Drug Adherence Among Adult Type 2 Diabetic Patients Attending the General Out-patient department of Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos Plateau State [West African College of Physicians Fellowship Thesis- unpublished work].
- Olakunde BO, Adeyinka DA, Wakdok SS, Oladele TT, Ozigbu CE. Quantification of the effect of terrorism on the HIV response in Nigeria. Lancet. 2018;391(10127):1257-1258. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(18)30700-1 doi:10.1080/09540121.2019.1587364
- Wakdok SS. (2013). The Effectiveness of Short Mobile Message Service (SMS) on Drug Adherence Among Adult Hypertensives Patients Attending the General Out-patient department of Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos Plateau State [National Postgraduate Medical College Fellowship Thesis-unpublished work].
- Wakdok S,Olakunde B, Olaifa Y, Mamadu I. Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) and HIV in Nigeria: Outcome of HCT Outreach to IDP Camps in Northeast Nigeria. Oral Presentation at the 4th International Conference on HIV/AIDS, STDS and STIs; Orlando, Florida, USA, 2016/10/3, Volume 4.
- Onyinye Ndubuisi, Ezinne Okey-Uchendu, Uduak Daniel, Sabastine Stephen Wakdok, Olaleye Ajaja. Understanding the peculiarities of the LGBT communities in Nigeria enhances their access to HIV interventions and addresses their human rights challenges. Conference Oral Presentation at the 19th International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, 2017/12/4, Volume 19
- Olakunde B, Wakdok S, Mamadu I, Oladele T, Alau K, Alagi M. Contribution of Primary Healthcare Centres to PMTCT Coverage in Nigeria. Conference. Oral Presentation at the 18th International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa; Harare, Zimbabwe. 2015/11/29, Volume 18.
- Olakunde B, Okey-Uchendu E, Wakdok S, Olaifa Y. Multi-disease approach to HIV testing and Counselling (HTC) outreaches in communities improves uptake in Nigeria. Poster presentation at 21st International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa 2016/7/18, Volume 21.