Meeting dates 2017/2018
11th October 2017 - deadline for papers - 4th October
22nd November 2017 - deadline for papers - 15th November
24th January 2018 - deadline for paper - 17th of January
4th April 2018- deadline for papers - Weds 28th March
All meetings start at 2.15pm and are held in the staff room unless otherwise stated.
About PG Committee
The PG Committee is the core PG meeting format at School level. It is responsible for:
- contributing to and implementing University, College and School strategy for social science research training;
- operational matters concerning student progression,
- recommendations for admission,
- research postgraduate programmes and issues, including ESRC recognition,
- selection procedures for various studentships,
- scholarships nominations;
- reserved business, extensions, suspensions, notifying College about changes of supervisor;
- studentship/scholarship nominations and rankings;
- postgraduate quality assurance matters.
Its membership consists of:
- the Director and Deputy Directors of the Graduate School;
- the Graduate School Administrative Officer;
- all Subject Area/Centre Postgraduate Advisers;
- all MSc Programme Directors;
- a representative from each subject area with associate status (e.g. Economic and Social History);
- and one Taught and one PhD Postgraduate Representative from each Subject Area/Centre.
Where there is more than one taught or PhD Postgraduate Representative in a Subject Area/Centre, the reps should decide amongst themselves who will attend the Committee. It normally meets three times a year.
In addition, standing and ad-hoc sub-committees of the Postgraduate Committee may be assembled to deal with specific business. These report to the Postgraduate Committee. These include the Programme Directors Group and the Postgraduate Advisors Group which meet regularly throughout the year, and the annual PhD School Scholarships group, consisting of the Director and Deputy Directors, Graduate School Administrative Officer, and all Postgraduate Advisors.
The Committee is serviced by Cristyn King, the Policy and Procedure Secretary in the Graduate School Office, and reports to the Management Committee. Minutes of previous meetings are available on request.