The Graduate School of Social and Political Science is an interdisciplinary hub providing advanced postgraduate education and training in the social sciences. It forms the postgraduate division of the School of Social and Political Science. The Graduate School has two Deputy Directors who are responsible for Taught Masters programmes (Dr Stefan Ecks) and Research degrees (Dr Elke Heins) .
The Graduate School Office is located on the 1st floor of the Chrystal Macmillan Building (room 1.20) and is normally open from 9:30-16:30 Monday to Friday. It provides an accessible point of personal contact for new enquiries and for existing students.
For general enquiries please email: Gradschool.email@example.com
phone: +44 (0)131 651 5122
For taught student queries please email: PGTaught.firstname.lastname@example.org
For research student queries please email: PGResearch.email@example.com
For admissions enquires, including how to apply, please email: PGAdmissions.firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Support Team
Kasia Mazurkiewicz is the student support officer for the PIR programmes, the Social Policy programmes and the MSc in Management of Bioeconomy, Innovation and Governance and the MSc in Science and Technology in Society.
Noureen Ehsan is the student support officer for CAS and International Development programmes, Social and Medical Anthropology, Social Work and Sociology programmes.
Our student support officers are responsible for:
• special circumstances
• programme handbooks
• DPT updates
• Leaves of Absence, Consessions and Withdrawals
• Engagement and Attendance Monitoring Support
• Progression and Awarding Boards of Examiners
MSc (Taught and Research) on-campus students
MSc (Taught) and MSc (by Research) students can also contact their Course Administrator:
Gillian MacDonald is team leader of the PGT Programme Support Team (taught courses/programmes) and the administrator of the courses for following programme:
• MSc Digital Society
Gillian is situated in room 1.19 and can be contacted on 0131 651 3244.
Casey Behringer is the administrator of the courses for the following programmes:
• MSc Global Environment, Politics, and Society
• MSc International and European Politics
• MSc International Political Theory
• MSc International Relations
• MSc International Relations of the Middle East with Arabic/Advanced Arabic
• MSc International Relations of the Middle East
• PG Advanced Professional Studies (MHO)
Casey is situated in room 1.19 and can be contacted on 0131 650 2456.
Lauren Henderson is the administrator of the courses for the following programmes:
• MSc Africa and International Development
• MSc African Studies
• MSc Social Anthropology
Lauren is situated in CMB 1.19 and can be contacted on 0131 651 1659.
Dave Nicol is the administrator of the courses for the following programmes:
• MSc Nationalism Studies
• MSc Sociology and Global Change
• MSc Comparative Public Policy
• MSc Global Health Policy
• MSc Health Policy
• MSc Public Policy
• MSc Social Research
Cath is situated in CMB 1.19 and can be contacted on 0131 651 3892.
Anne Brechin is the secretary for the following programme:
• MSc by Research programmes
Anne is situated in room 1.19 and can be contacted on 0131 651 5070.
Online Learning Students
- MSc Global Challenges
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc International Development
- PG Certificate in Africa and International Development
- PG Certificate in Global Development Challenges
- PG Certificate in Making Use of Digital Research
Maria is located in CMB 1.19 and can be contacted on 0131 651 3201.
Please email email@example.com or call 0131 651 5070
Toni Jenkins is the Postgraduate Research Support Officer . Toni is situated in room 1.19 and can be contacted on 0131 651 5070.
Postgraduate Admissions in SPS
For general questions about postgraduate admissions, including how to apply:
phone: +44 (0)131 651 5074
- TBC - Postgraduate Admissions Officer. Telephone +44(0)131 651 5074
- Elaine Khennouf - Postgraduate Admissions Administrator. Telephone +44(0)131 650 8428
- Michael Salisbury - Postgraduate Admissions Administrator. Telephone +44(0131) 651 1560
- Uxia Lorenzo - Postgraduate Admissions Secretary. Telephone +44(0)131 651 1772
- TBC - Postgraduate Admissions Secretary. Telephone +44(0)131 651 3064
Student Development Office
The SPS Student Development Office delivers skills training, career development, placement opportunities and knowledge exchange for students on both taught and research programmes.
The Student Development team are located in room 1.14 in the Chrystal Macmillan Building. To find out more about the workshops and placement-based dissertations you can either drop by their office or visit the Student Development Office web pages.