Managing Your PhD
All Year 1 PhD Students are Invited to a Seminar on Managing Your PhD on Friday 26 October at 11.00
That first 30 days has just about gone!
Join Jon Turner and Ben Kotovic, Transkills, and Kate Orton-Johnson, Jan Webb and a team of PhD researchers from the Graduate School, in a review of those 30 days, and a seminar about how to get a PhD.
Meet us on Friday 26 October, from 10.45/11.00-15.00:
- Hear about the requirements of the PhD degree at Edinburgh;
- Discuss the demands of the First Year Research Proposal and Review Board
- Ask a panel of supervisors and PhD students your questions;
- Talk about your experience so far,
- And work with experienced postgrads on planning the next steps in your own work.
And there is a free lunch, coffee, tea and biscuits - and different catering from last time!
Venue: Room G21, Patersons Land, Holyrood Campus
To enable us to handle the catering, please email Sarah.McAfee@ed.ac.uk, or call in at the Grad School Office, asap to let us know whether you are coming.
A more detailed timetable will be posted on the wall outside the Grad School Office shortly.
Hope to see you Friday 26th, at 11.00,
Director of the Graduate School in Social and Political Studies.