POSTGRADUATE PhD Funding Awards for Sept 09 entry
10 ESRC PhD Quota Awards, 10 ESRC Competition places, plus College and School Studentships and Scholarships
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SCIENCE,
UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH,
POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH STUDENTSHIPS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
The Graduate School is a leading social science research institution, with 180 academic staff and 450 postgraduate students. We have funding available for excellent PhD applicants for September 2009 entry (full- or part-time). We provide ESRC-recognised research training and one-to-one supervision.
Awards now available for UK/EU applicants:
- Ten ESRC Quota Awards, for MSc® plus PhD in:
- African Studies
- Science & Technology Studies
- Social Policy/Childhood Studies
- Social Work
- Scottish Social Anthropology Consortium
- Centre for Research on Families and Relationships.
These awards are for 1 year of MSc Research Training followed by 3 years PhD funding. For those applicants who have already completed 1 year of ESRC-recognised research training, awards are for 3 years PhD funding. Home Applicants receive full fees plus maintenance. Non-resident EU Applicants receive fees only. EU Applicants resident in the UK for at least three years are normally eligible for fees plus maintenance.
- ESRC PhD national competition places for up to ten applicants (Home/EU fees, plus maintenance, for up to 4 years)
- AHRC PhD national competition places for excellent applicants (Home/EU fees, plus maintenance, for three years)
Deadline for applications for all ESRC and AHRC awards: 20th March 2009.
Awards now available for Home/EU or International Applicants:
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences PhD Awards. Deadline 27 February 2009. Full details http://www.hss.ed.ac.uk/Postgraduate/index.htm
- School of Social and Political Science Overseas Research Student Awards for College Award Applicants the School offers an additional contribution to fees for Overseas Applicants who are successful in the College PhD Scholarships competition.
School of Social and Political Science PhD scholarships (Home/EU fees only for three years) Deadline 27th March 2009.
Applications are sought from people interested in research in all areas of Social and Political Science. Potential applicants should contact the relevant Postgraduate Adviser first. Full details, including Postgraduate Adviser contacts, at http://www.sps.ed.ac.uk/gradschool/research_programmes/index
Further details about the Awards at http://www.sps.ed.ac.uk/gradschool/funding/funding_opportunities
Details of How to Apply, including links to Application Forms, at http://www.sps.ed.ac.uk/gradschool/how_to_apply.php
All general inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org