Please note: It is very important to log in regularly to your Applicant Hub to ensure that important messages regarding your application’s progress and supporting document requests are not missed.
Applications for our programmes are made on–line via the University's EUCLID system. There is an apply button at the top of each programme home page which will bring you to the Course and Degree finder page of your selected programme.
Part-time study options are only open to UK and EU applicants due to visa restrictions.
2018/19 Entry Requirements
The following are the minimum entry requirements (see below for international equivalencies link) for the current application year:
MSc/PGCert (Taught Masters/Postgraduate Certificate)
UK Bachelor Honours degree with upper second class results (2.1), no references required apart from the MSc International Relations of the Middle East with Arabic & Advanced Arabic programmes.
MSc by Research (Masters by Research)
UK Bachelor Honours degree with upper second class results (2.1), research proposal, and one academic reference required.
PhD (Doctoral research)
UK Bachelor Honours degree with upper second class results (2.1) and UK Masters degree with a 65% result, research proposal, and two academic references required.
Please note: We do not accept hard copies or emailed supporting documents unless specifically requested. All supporting documents should be uploaded directly to your Applicant Hub.
An application is not 'complete' until all supporting documents are present. The following documents must be uploaded:
- Degree certificate(s) – for all previous degrees. Please note that this can be provided after assessment in most cases.
- Final/interim transcript(s) – for all previous and current degrees. Interim transcripts with current cumulative averages are acceptable for those still studying, though the final average is required if the degree has been completed.
- Grading scale(s) – for each university transcript is submitted.
Where work experience is taken into consideration, an up–to–date CV and work reference is required.
Evidence of English may also be required. Please see Language Requirements.
Research programmes (additional documents):
- Research proposal – Proposals should be no more than two to three A4 pages for MScR and three to four A4 pages for PhD applications in 12pt Times New Roman font (this does not include references). See the University's Research Proposal information page for help with this.
- Academic references – Referee email address must be institutional (i.e not a public email account). Uploaded references must be dated within one year of submission, on institutional letterhead, signed in pen (not a signature image) and in a non–editable format. Further information about what should be included in a reference can be found here.
Please note: Personal statements not entered in the appropriate section of the application may not be considered.
Important: If your original documents, which must be submitted, are not in English you must also submit certified, official translations.
Once you submit your application in EUCLID, it is then in a queue to be screened by the Admissions Department. During the screening process, a member of the Admissions Department will contact you directly (via EUCLID) regarding any missing or non–qualifying documentation. Once screening is complete, a decision will then be made. You are informed of all decisions within your EUCLID portal.
If you are concerned about meeting funding deadlines, please contact us at PGAdmissions.firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and we will do our best to speed up the process for you.
Immigration Health Surcharge
New regulations introduced by the Home Office mean that from 6 April 2015, most people applying for a UK visa will be charged a compulsory additional fee to allow them to access UK healthcare. Please see (New Health Surcharge) for details.