MSc by Research in Global Health PolicyApply Now
The application deadline for this programme is 13th July 2018
Aims and Outcomes
This programme aims to provide rigorous postgraduate training to those interested in pursuing interdisciplinary research across public health and the social sciences. It offers a structured training towards research either for a PhD or as a stand-alone degree, the basis for a research career.
On successful completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- evaluate public health and health services policies from a population health perspective
- critically appraise research about public health and policy from epistemological and methodological perspectives
- synthesize information from diverse sources and apply them to public health questions
- demonstrate a detailed knowledge of international public health policy principles
- collaborate effectively with other researchers in group work
- design and conduct inter-disciplinary research on diverse aspects of public health policy
The programme is designed to be accessible to students from diverse academic backgrounds, notably the medical and social sciences, and will enable students to develop the skills necessary to conduct research in international public health policy It combines advanced training in research skills developed within the School of Social and Political Science with discipline-specific training by the Global Public Health Unit and the Centre for Population Health Sciences. It enables students to study at least one substantive area of international public health policy and to draw on research training provision across the University of Edinburgh.
Distinctive features of this programme include:
- the integration of generic social science and discipline-specific public health research training.
- the application of social science research methods to public health issues.
- the interdisciplinary collaboration between the Graduate School Social & Political Science and Public Health Sciences.
How to Apply
You will find the relevant information on the application procedure and the entry requirements here.
For further information about the programme contact: