Programme Structure & Courses
The MSW/Diploma in Social Work programme is aimed at those who hold a first degree and are looking to gain a postgraduate qualification in social work and eligibility for registration as a social worker.
The programme is studied over two years, with periods of practice learning in both years. The Masters dissertation is submitted at the end of the final year but it is worked on throughout the programme.
In the first year, students take the following courses:
- Social Work in Communities
- Social Work with Individuals and Families
- Working with self and others: skills, theories and methods
- Understanding Care and Control
- Doing Social Work Research
- Professional Social Work Practice 1 (includes 70 days of full-time placement)
In the second year, students take the following courses:
- Working with Risk, Trust, and Complexity
- Professional Social Work Practice 2 (includes 95 days of full-time placement)