SSPS Edinburgh Award for Professionalism in Public Engagement
This award is open all SSPS students:
- Undergraduate students who have previously completed Professionalism in Community Engagement Award
- There is no entry restriction in place for Postgraduate students.
The SPS Edinburgh Award for Professionalism in Public Engagement provides tailored soft-skills training through interactive workshops and seminars.
Sessions are led by experienced practitioners from a broad range of sectors providing ample opportunitites to learn, question and network.
The Award has three inputs:
- Aspiring - identifying and understanding what it means to excel
- Developing - personal progress and embedding key skills
- Owning - understanding and conveying impact
Input 1 – 11October 2017
Input 2 - 14 March 2018*
Input 3 – 11 July 2018*
* Please note these sessions may have different dates for Undergraduate students.
Outline of Activities
Students must complete the following:
- Professional Development Series
Students must attend 20 hours of Professional Development events run by the Student Development Office. A commitment of at least 25 hours is expected (20 hrs attendance at events, 5 hrs personal reflections).
- Knowledge Exchange and Impact for Non-Academic Audiences
Each student must undertake some form of knowledge exchange activity focussed on connecting research with non-academic groups.
This can include, for example, work-based placements, consultancy, presentations, workshops or webinars.
A commitment of at least 30 hours is expected.
Throughout the year each student will submit reflective summaries, discussing how the Award has impacted on their professional growth including identifying skills for further development.
How to Enroll on the Edinburgh Award
Registration for the SSPS Edinburgh Awards is now open, click here to register.