MSc Skills Handbook
Together with the School and other parts of the University, we offer a range of support for PG students who are looking to develop their learning and academic skills.
- the Learning and Academic Skills Handbook for MSc students provides a rich source of information including references to further resources both within the University and beyond;
- at the start of each academic year, the Graduate School offers an Academic Writing Course, which conveys much of the contents of the skills handbook and includes feedback opportunities with language teachers and area-specific tutors;
- the IAD Postgraduate Researcher brochure highlights transferable skills, professional and personal development training and support for PhD students
- for help with writing and developing conversational skills, check out our resources on English Language Support;
- the Institute for Academic Development offers a wide range of resources and training opportunities for all PG students throughout the year.
MSc Mentoring Scheme
All MSc students in the School of Social and Political Science are eligible to register for the MSc Mentoring Scheme, run by current PhD students.