SSPS Edinburgh Award for Professional Development
Eligibility & Structure
This award is open to all SSPS students.
To complete this Award, you will need to:
- Attend the three input sessions
- Complete 20 hrs of Professional Development workshops
- Complete 5 hrs of personal reflection
- Complete 30 hrs of impact activity
Please see the Award Structure page for further details.
Choosing your specialisation
In addition, you must choose a specialisation on which to base the impact activities for part 2 of the Award. Four specialisations are available:
- Community Engagement (creating impact at a School or subject-area level)
- Public Engagement (creating impact through knowledge exchange activities with non-academic audiences)
- Digital Content Creation (presenting your research in a digital format, eg: online journal, blog)
- Coaching Skills (Peer Coaches facilitate group coaching for 1st and 2nd year students registered on the SSPS Edinburgh Awards)
The SDO can provide advice and guidance on suitable activities for your part 2 impact work.