SSPS Edinburgh Award for Professional Development
Eligibility & Structure
This award is open to all SSPS students.
To complete this Award, you will need to:
- Attend the three input sessions
- Complete 20 hrs of Professional Development workshops
- Complete 5 hrs of personal reflection
- Complete 30 hrs of impact activity
Please see the Award Structure page for further details.
Choosing your specialisation
In addition, you must choose a specialisation on which to base the impact activities for part 2 of the Award. Four specialisations are available:
- Community Engagement (creating impact at a School or subject-area level)
- Public Engagement (creating impact through knowledge exchange activities with non-academic audiences)
- Digital Content Creation (presenting your research in a digital format, eg: online journal, blog)
- Coaching Skills (providing group coaching for 1st year SSPS students registered on the Edinburgh Award)
The SDO can provide advice and guidance on suitable activities for your part 2 impact work.