Applications for 2017 are now closed. The Institute for International Cultural Relations will soon be inviting applications for our Global Cultural Fellows programme 2018 - 2019.
Format and Activities
Each year, we appoint a set of Global Cultural Fellows from all over the world to take part in a series of curated conversations. Our fellows will explore cultural interests and values, including a week of intensive activities during the world-famous Edinburgh festivals . Fellows will attend pre-selected events at the festivals, as well as structured deliberations at the University of Edinburgh.
Selected Global Cultural Fellows will be expected to submit a short essay for the catalogue of Curated Conversations. After the festival, Fellows will also be expected to contribute an account about their experience, either in textual or multimedia format, recounting their experience in Edinburgh, and subsequent engagements with their communities or organisations.
We seek individuals concerned with our cultural interests and values with respect to globalization. We are looking for innovative professionals who are intensely engaged with their organizations and communities. Candidates should be interested in cultural politics and the relationship of the arts to our communities. We aim to appoint a diverse mix of Fellows, who may be either skeptic or celebratory of globalization. Fellows can come from any profession, prior or current employment in arts and cultural activities is useful but not essential.
If selected, the costs of the Fellows Events Programme in Edinburgh (not including travel and hotel) will be borne by the Institute for International Cultural Relations. This includes the cost of tickets to the festival, subsidized accommodation, provision of the catalogue, breakfast and lunch. If you require financial support beyond what is being already provided, please include a statement of financial need in your application. Please bear in mind that we cannot pay for passport or visa fees and can only provide financial support on a needs basis.
In order to apply for our next Global Cultural Fellows programme, please follow the instructions below regarding application requirements:
Please submit a cover letter which explains:
- Your motivation to apply for the Global Cultural Fellows programme.
- How you think your appointment as a Fellow will be useful for your professional or personal growth.
- The ways in which you might contribute to further cultural conversations within your community or organization after the Edinburgh programme.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- A resume, curriculum vitae, or link to an online portfolio.
- Names and contact information for two professional references.
- A note confirming that you are willing to serve as a Global Cultural Fellow for 2018-19 including in-person attendance at Edinburgh’s Festivals during August 2018.
2018 deadline - TBC.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com