Researchers at Edinburgh are examining questions of fairness in trade from a range of perspectives. Please submit any relevant research related to fair trade and trade justice to FTAN, to be listed on this page.
Research related to fairness in trade at Edinburgh
- Cremona, M. & Marin-Duran, G. 2012. Fair trade in the European Union: regulatory and institutional aspects. In: The processes and practices of fair trade: trust, ethics and governance. Granville, B. & Dine, J. (eds.). Routledge, (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy).
- Cremona, M. & Marin-Duran, G. 2012. The international fair trade movement: actors and regulatory approaches. In: The processes and practices of fair trade: trust, ethics and governance. Granville, B. & Dine, J. (eds.). Routledge, (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy).
- Gorringe, H. & Rosie, M., 2006. ‘“Pants to poverty”? Making poverty history, Edinburgh 2005’. Sociological Research Online, 11(1).
- Northcott, M., 2010. Fair trade and human wellbeing. In: The practices of happiness: political economy, religion and wellbeing. Atherton, J., Graham, E. & Steedman, I. (eds.). London: Routledge, p. 98-110. (Routledge frontiers of political economy).
- Rosie, M. & Gorringe, H., 2009. ‘The anarchists’ world cup’: respectable protest and media panics. Social Movement Studies, 8(1), pp.35-53.
- Smith, J., 2010. Biofuels and the globalization of risk: the biggest change in North-South relationships since colonialism? London; Zed.
- Webb, J., 2007. Seduced or sceptical consumers? organised action and the case of fair trade coffee. Sociological Research Online, 12(3)5.
- Zeller, W., 2013. Get it while you can – governance between wars in the Uganda-South Sudan borderland, In Timothy Raeymaekers and Tobias Hagmann (eds), Violence on the margins. War and state making in borderlands. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. Accepted for publication, expected during 2013.
- Zeller, W., 2010. Illicit resource flows in Sugango – making war and profit in the border triangle of Sudan, Uganda and Congo-DRC, In Henni Alava (ed), Exploring the security-development nexus. Perspectives from Nepal, Northern Uganda and 'Sugango', pp.111-130. Helsinki: Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Zeller, W., 2009. Danger and opportunity in Katima Mulilo: a Namibian border boomtown at transnational crossroads. Journal of Southern African Studies, 35(1), pp. 133-154.