What is... Poetry as a Research Method?
- What is... Poetry as a Research Method?
- Speaker: Duduzile Ndlovu # University of Witwatersrand
- Hosted by
- Introduced by
- Date and Time
- 15th Jan 2019 13:00 - 15th Jan 2019 14:00
- Room 2.05, Appleton Tower
Learn more about the qualitative and quantitative methods used in the social sciences from practitioners of these methods.
This session focuses on poetry as a research method:
- What types of questions are best suited to poetry as a research method?
- What does the ‘data’ look like?
- What tools do you need to implement poetry as a research method?
- How do you know that poetry as a research method has been well implemented?
- What are the limitations of poetry as a research method?
The speaker, Dr Duduzile Ndlovu, is a visiting post doctoral fellow, from the African Centre for Migration & Society at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
This seminar will take place on 15th January, from 13.00-14.00 in room 2.05 of Appleton Tower.