Q-Step Summer Work Placements 2017
Dear 3rd year UoE Q-Step student
This page provides information about placement opportunities and how to apply.
For more information, please contact Dr Gitit Kadar-Satat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Descriptions (you may apply for up to 3 jobs)
How to apply for a Q-Step summer work placement
This short guide is for Q-Step students who are eligible and wish to apply for a summer work placement in 2017. Please read this guide carefully as it contains information about the application and selection process. If you have questions after reading this guide, or if you need assistance with making an application, please contact Gitit (email@example.com).
- Job descriptions are advertised via q-step website (see above)
- We may advertise additional job descriptions later this year in a second round. We will notify you by email when new job descriptions are posted.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 jobs. Please read the job descriptions carefully before deciding which job(s) you wish to apply for.
- Your application must include: a CV (1-1.5 page) and a covering letter (0.5-1 page). For guidlines and examples , click here.
- It is essential that you submit your application on time. The deadline is generally provided within the job description. Applications received after the deadline may be rejected.
- All CVs and covering letters should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will read your application before forwarding it to the employer. If we believe your application could be improved, we will provide you with feedback and give you a short time to revise it, if you wish to do so.
- We will forward your application to the employer, for consideration.
- The employer will contact you by email to let you know the outcome of your application. There could be 2 outcomes: a) You have been shortlisted for an interview (which means that your application will be taken forward). OR b) You have not been shortlisted for an interview (which means that your application will not be taken forward).
- Please note that processing your application may take a while. However, if you haven't heard back from the employer within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please let us know!
- If you have been shortlisted for an interview, you and the employer will negotiate an interview method (in person/via skype) and agree on a date. If you have made multiple applications, you may be shortlisted for more than one job. It is your responsibility to arrange an interview. It is also your responsibility to contact the employer if you wish to change or cancel the interview.
- After your interview, the employer will email you and let you know the outcome of your interview. There could be 2 outcomes: a) an offer of a placement OR B) b rejection.
- If you have been offered a placement, you should contact the employer to let them know whether or not you accept their offer. Please note that you have to email the employer even if you decide not to accept their offer.
- You are allowed to accept only one offer! If you have been offered more than one placement, you will need to decide which of these placements you wish to accept and then contact each employer separately in order to let them know about your decision. It would not be good form to accept an offer and then change your mind, so you may need to wait and hear from all interviews if you are unsure whether to accept. It is better to delay your decision than accept and change your mind. Feel free to have a chat with Alison or I if it gets complicated!
- If you have accepted an offer, you must let me know about this so that I could start processing your contract and/or memorandum of understanding. You will not be able to start your placement before all paper work has been completed.
- The competition on some placements may be stiff and unfortunately Q-Step can't guarantee that you will get the placement that you want. If you haven't been shortlisted for an interview, or if your interview was unsuccessful, don't worry! We will run a second round of application in February-March. The second round will enable you to apply again and secure a placement for the summer of 2017 in the second round.