Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships
Please note that this scheme requires the host institution to pay 50% of the Fellow's salary. If you are interested in applying for this scheme, please contact the SSPS Research Office as soon as possible to register your interest. It may not be possible to support applications every year, or it may be possible to support only a limited number of applications.
Information on this scheme is available on the Leverhulme Trust's Early Career Fellowships website. The trust's deadline for applications is 4.00 pm on 2 March 2017, however the School's deadline is considerably earlier than this to allow for internal review and approval.
In order to ensure proposals are as strong as possible, the School will be organizing a two-stage review process of applications.
• 4 December 2017 – We invite applicants to submit a one page summary proposal (+CV). This will allow School to identify suitable mentors and initial feedback. (This initial review is strongly encouraged, but not mandatory.)
• 1 January 2018 – Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships round opens (TBC)
• 13 January 2018 (TBC) – SSPS Internal Deadline for Full application. There will be a School review of all applications. Successful applicants will be invited to submit a full application for the 2nd March with support from the Research Office.
• 24 February 2018 (TBC) – Applications ready for final approval and ERI checks
• early March 2018 (TBC) – Submission to the Leverhulme Trust
Please note: 2nd March is a Sunday and University Administration is closed on that day.
You will need to identify and approach a potential mentor (see the discussion of the mentor's role in the relevant guidance) and discuss your application with them. School policy is that all postdoctoral fellows have a mentor, even where this is not a requirement of the fellowship scheme. You should do this as early in the application process as possible.
The School Research Office can provide additional information and guidance on the scheme when you contact us.