Disability Research Edinburgh Launch
- Disability Research Edinburgh Launch
- Speaker: George Low # Disability Research Edinburgh; Speaker: Professor Dorothy Miell # Vice Principal and Head of College of Humanities and Social Science, University of Edinburgh; Speaker: Professor John M Davis # Professor of Childhood Inclusion, Moray House School of Education
- Hosted by
- Introduced by
- Date and Time
- 15th Jun 2016 14:00 - 15th Jun 2016 17:00
- Edinburgh College of Art, Main Building, Lauriston Campus, Main Lecture Theatre
Disability Research Edinburgh will be celebrating the launch of their website on the 15th of June. The event will highlight the diversity of research in the field, and provide members of the network and anyone who is interested in the area of disability research an opportunity to come together.
Speakers will include:
- George Low, Disability Research Edinburgh
- Professor Dorothy Miell, Vice Principal and Head of College of Humanities and Social Science, University of Edinburgh
- Professor John M Davis, Professor of Childhood Inclusion, Moray House School of Education.
- Inclusion Scotland
Disability History Scotland will present their Lottery Funded animation One Last Push: the final Battle of World War One? This film provides short history of disability in Scotland and questions how social attitudes towards disability have changed, developed and often stalled, from WWI to the present day.
This is a free event and refreshments will provided. Please register to attend this event.
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
Please contact us at email@example.com for further information and if you have any questions regarding access requirements.