The School of Social and Political Science has a long-standing commitment to original empirical and theoretical research on society, politics, culture and public policy sustained by a cosmopolitan community of over 180 staff which is highly active in national and international research networks as well as being involved in knowledge transfer activities.
Our interdisciplinary structure fosters vibrant research clusters that cut across traditional social scientific boundaries. Many of these are grouped around key challenges in society and governance, such as risk and technology, security, families and gender, migration and citizenship, national identity and international justice.
Information for academic visitors can be found here.
Director of Research, School of Social and Political Science
- guidance on applying, including: general guidance and the School approval process; and specific help on the following schemes: ESRC (including applying through Je-S), British Academy, and Leverhulme.
The SSPS Postdoctoral Community
- Read what our current and recent PostDoctoral fellows say about being a Postdoc in the School. This page also includes information on the SSPS Postdoctoral and Research Fellows' Society.
- Current and recent Postdoctoral Fellowships held in the School
- The Institute of Academic Development provides advice and trainign courses for postdoctoral researchers. For more information please click here.
- There is also administrative information for current Postdoctoral and Research Fellows on the staff intranet (EASE login required).