Newton International Fellowships
The Newton International Fellowships scheme is run by The British Academy and the Royal Society. The Fellowships cover the broad range of physical, natural and social sciences and the humanities.
The long-term aim of the scheme is to build a global pool of research leaders and encourage long-term international collaboration with the UK.
If you are interested in applying for a Newton International Fellowship please contact the Research Office as soon as possible.
Please note the following which apply to this round and are important changes to the guidance for applicants:
- All applicants must be working and be based outside of the UK for at least one year at the deadline of the application.
- Applicants should have no more than 7 years active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application, including teaching experience, time spent in industry, honorary positions and/or visiting researcher positions. Career breks must be clearly detailed and explained in the application.
SSPS Deadlines for this scheme:
- Monday mid February 2017 (TBC) SSPS Internal Deadline – Applicants are asked to submit their full research proposal and abstracts for review.
- Proposal Text – (8000 characters Inc. spaces)
- Scientific Abstract (1000 characters Inc. spaces)
- Lay Summary – (1000 characters Inc. spaces)
- Brief statements (1000 characters Inc. spaces) on benefits to individual/institutions and benefits to the UK/research in UK.
- By early March 2018 – Applicants/Co-applicants will be notified if School is happy to support the application. Successful applicants will be paired with suitable reviewers and provided with initial feedback.
- mid March 2018 (TBC) – Submission of full application to School through e-gap system. Research Office enters additional details and final checks
- late March 2018 (TBC) – Submission by UoE
See the Scheme Notes for further details.