Wellcome Trust Research Fellowships
Wellcome Trust Research Fellowships - Humanities and Social Science
This scheme supports humanities and social science scholars at all stages of their career but not in an established academic post, who wish to undertake a period of research in any area of human and animal health. Strong preference is given to applicants with a good prospect of achieving an academic career in the field.
The maximum duration is three years full-time equivalent. The awards are full-time but may be awarded on a part-time basis if a case can be made that personal circumstances require this. Fellowships provide research expenses and a salary.
- 11 December 2017: one page outline to School for early review and feedback
- 11 January 2018: preliminary applicaiton deadline (WT submission)
- 29 March 2018: full applicaiton deadline
- May 2018: shortlinsting
- July 2018: interviews
- 31 May 2017: one page outline to School for early review and feedback (not mandatory)
- 6 July 2017: preliminary applicaiton deadline (WT submission)
- 31 September 2017: full applicaiton deadline
- November 2017: shortlisting
- January 2018: interviews
What Wellcome Trust is looking for:
- the significance and originality of your proposed research
- the suitability and relevance of your approach to your research topic
- your previous research contributions eg publications, conference papers, public engagement and policy-related work
- the suitability of the host organisation for your research and for developing your independent career.
Please get in touch with the Research Office (email@example.com) for further information.