- Dr Eleanor Brooks
- Career Development Fellow (Global Health)
- 2.10 Chrystal Macmillan Building 15a George Square Edinburgh UK EH8 9LD
- +44(0)131 650 4282
- Research Interests
- Global health, Global Health Policy, Global health governance, policy tools in global health governance, european public health policy, European Union, Europeanization, European Union public policy
Guidance and Feedback Hours
- Thursday 15:15-16:15
Eleanor joined the Global Public Health Unit in November 2017, having previously held a lecturing post at Queen Mary, University of London. Eleanor's research focuses on European Union health policy, exploring the changing EU health agenda, the evolution of the EU's governance instruments in this area and the tensions between national and regional health governance.
Current research projects, publications and interests
- Brooks (forthcoming) How to engage with the health policy process: A case study in pharmaceutical policy coalitions
- Brooks and Burgin (forthcoming) Explaining the effects of President Juncker’s organisational reforms on the policy formulation process within the European Commission: evidence from the energy and health sectors
- Brooks and Greer (forthcoming) Termites in the house of austerity, or, how to undermine a project in Brussels
- Brooks (monograph) From public health to macroeconomics: The evolution of European Union health policy (forthcoming with Manchester University Press)
Projects and funding
- EU Health Law and Policy: Shaping a future research agenda. Co-investigator with Dr Mary Guy (Lancaster Law School), funded by British Academy and Leverhulme Trust 2017-2019. Follow @EUHLP for details
- Case studies in EU Health Policy. Lead investigator in collaboration with the European Public Health Alliance.
In 2018/19 I will be convening the module Population Health and Health Policy as well as the MSc work-based placement dissertation module.