Skip to main content
Professor of Social Work (Emeritus)
- Waterhouse, L., McGhee, J. (2014), 'Agamben and the political positioning of child welfare-involved mothers in child protective services', Families, Relationships and Societies, .
- Waterhouse, L., McGhee, J. (2013), 'Practitioner–mother relationships and the processes that bind them', Child & Family Social Work, .
- McGhee, J., Waterhouse, L. (2012), 'Massachusetts and Scotland: From Juvenile Justice to Child Welfare?', Child Welfare: journal of the Child Welfare League of America, 91(5):169-191.
- McGhee, J., Waterhouse, L. (2011), 'Locked Out of Prevention? The Identity of Child and Family-Oriented Social Work in Scottish Post-Devolution Policy', British Journal of Social Work, 41(6), 1088-1104.
- Waterhouse, L., McGhee, J. (2009), 'Anxiety and child protection – implications for practitioner–parent relations', Child and Family Social Work, 14 (4): 481-490.
- McGhee, J., Waterhouse, L. (2007), 'Classification in Youth Justice and Child Welfare: In Search of 'the child'', Youth Justice, 7 (2): 107-120.
- McGhee, J., Waterhouse, L. (2007), 'Care and Protection in Scottish Child Welfare: Evidence of Double Jeopardy?', European Journal of Social Work, 10 (2): 145-160.
- Waterhouse, L., McGhee, J., Loucks, N, (2004), 'Disentangling Offenders and Non-Offenders in the Scottish Children's Hearings - A Clear Divide?', The Howard Journal of Criminal Justice, 43 (2): 164-179.
- McGhee, J., Waterhouse, L. (2002), 'Family Support and the Scottish Children’s Hearings System', Child and Family Social Work, 7 (4): 273-283.
- Waterhouse, L., McGhee, J. (2002), 'Children's Hearings in Scotland: Compulsion and Disadvantage', Journal of Social Welfare and Family Law, 24 (3): 279-296.
- McGhee, J., Waterhouse, L. (1999), 'Comparative Juvenile Justice Policy:The Alliance Between Scotland and the State of Massachusetts Revisited', Children and Youth Services Review, 21 (11/12): 967-985.