Recording Student attendance
Attendance is monitored by the School as part of our more general monitoring of student progress. Keeping attendance helps alert staff to any additional pastoral or academic support needs students might require. Staff can then provide advice, guidance or support in a timely and useful manner.
Attendance must be taken at all small teaching events (tutorials or seminars). If a class has less than 51 students and has NO tutorial or seminars, attendance must be taken at the lecture.
Attendance is taken using the Student Engagement Monitoring System created by Student Systems (more details of the system are below).
The course secretary will create and upload course registers at the end of teaching week 2. Please note that until this has been completed you will not be able to view any of your group information. Students can still transfer in and out of their courses and tutorials in Week 2 so there may be some changes to your tutorial groups.
When your course secretary has uploaded your register information you can access these by following the guidance below.
Accessing your registers
- You MUST use your staff account to log into your staff EASE account
- You must ensure your browser (Firefox preferred) settings allow for pop-ups.
- Note for Tutors: The first time you login to your Staff MyEd please follow the guidance on the Student systems webpages at http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance/academic-staff/recording-registers/recording-reg-tutor
- Blank attendance form (all attendance must be electronically entered into the EUCLID system within 24 hours of the teaching activity taking place).
Here are the ways you can access the attendance registers:
- The direct link
- Login via MyEd using your STAFF login details. (See Teaching tab and select Student Attendance Recording)
- Link on School tablet (or PC in Central room)
- Engagement Monitoring - Record Attendance Functionality - Tutor
- *New Video: Record Attendance as a Tutor (5:39)
- Recording Attendance - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- You can also view our recording attendance- step by step guide here