- Effective Learning
- Speaker: Kay Williams # Institute of Academic Development
- Hosted by
- Introduced by
- Date and Time
- 8th Nov 2017 13:00 - 8th Nov 2017 15:00
- Room 1.204, 7 Bristo Square
What works and what doesn’t? Studying in your own time is an important part of being a successful student but it can be challenging. This workshop is an opportunity to discuss what you could do.
Come prepared to suggest a study-related issue. In part this workshop will be about what you want to be more effective at.
This workshop will include:
- What research tells us works and what doesn’t;
- Before, during and after lectures;
- Practical ways to use your notes and lecture slides;
- The effectiveness of different study patterns;
- Strategies you can use to enhance understanding and for revision.
This session will be informal and friendly. It will include discussion and group work in a supportive atmosphere. You are encouraged to ask questions.
This workshop will not cover:
- Subject or discipline-specific advice
- English Language advice