How to read and write critically
- How to read and write critically
- Hosted by: Institute of Academic Development # TBC
- Hosted by
- Introduced by
- Date and Time
- 4th Oct 2017 13:30 - 4th Oct 2017 15:00
Do you want to take a more analytical approach? This workshop will introduce methods and tools to help you read and write critically and draw conclusions. This workshop will focus on:
- What is meant by ‘an argument’;
- Assumptions and the need to consider other possibilities;
- The need to question, contrast and compare sources and viewpoints;
- Strategies you can use to reach conclusions.
This session for undergraduates is informal, friendly and includes discussion in a supportive atmosphere. You are encouraged to ask questions and raise issues. It will include some practical activities.
This workshop will not cover:
- Subject or discipline-specific advice
- English Language advice
Please reserve a place: book here
This workshop is now full, however you cann add yourself to the waiting list.