Stepping up to Honours
- Stepping up to Honours
- Hosted by: Institute of Academic Development # TBC
- Hosted by
- Introduced by
- Date and Time
- 20th Sep 2017 17:15 - 20th Sep 2017 18:30
- Room LG.11, David Hume Tower Central Area
Honours level work is a major shift in gear that students often find challenging. Students going into, or already in Honours commonly wonder:
- How do I manage my workload?
- How can I take a more in-depth approach to my subject?
- How do I find/develop my academic voice?
- How can I improve my marks?
This interactive workshop will introduce you to Honours level study and help you to prepare for and manage the new challenges that Honours will bring. It will provide you with effective strategies and tools that you can use to take a proactive approach and build your best possible Honours experience.
This is a general workshop designed specifically for Honours (both third and fourth year) students. It will offer students a range of personal development strategies but will not be an in-depth workshop on any particular topic(s). The workshop will however help students to identify areas that they wish to concentrate on in the future e.g. critical thinking, dissertation planning etc. and details of these workshops can be found here.
This workshop will not cover:
- Subject or discipline-specific advice
- English Language advice
Please reserve your place: book here