In the honours years there is a shift towards professional and qualifying level teaching and learning.
You will be taught through a combination of coursework, groupwork, practice learning and dissertation work. Students are required to attend regularly and participate fully in the programme.
The Programme Director (Ruth Forbes) is available during semester to offer guidance and support. Each student has access to a tutor who will support both academic and practice learning.
The programme includes five courses including practice learning and dissertation work:
- Social Work in Communities
- Social Work with Individuals and Families
- Working with Self and Others: Skills, Theories and Methods
- Professional Practice in Social Work 1
- Understanding Care and Control
In Year 3, students will also begin preliminary work on their dissertation.
- Working with Risk, Trust and Complexity
- Professional Practice in Social Work 2
- Dissertation in Social Work
- BSc 3
- BSc 4