Scotland might be small but it’s also incredibly diverse. It’s home to some of the most remote and inhospitable places on these isles as well as the modern urban environments of our major cities. Our researchers aim to understand how the places that make up the country influence the shape of our lives.
Learn more here about research projects that explore the places of Scotland.
- A New Page? Libraries, Austerity and the Shifting Boundaries of Civil Society
- The Culture and Communities Mapping Project
- Exploring data and knowledge sharing in response to welfare reform and benefit sanctioning.
- Participation Requests in Scotland: Empowering communities?
- Smart Urban Intermediaries - Connecting people. Changing communities.