I completed my PhD from School of Management and Labour Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai working on 'Training Needs Assessment' in public sectors of India. I was Faculty, HR & OB in School of Business at GALGOTIAS University, Greater Noida; Rourkela Institute of Management Studies, Rourkela; and, Affinity Business School, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. For more than a decade now I have worked in the area of ‘training and development’ for both formal and informal labour (street vendors, brick kiln workers etc.). My research interests include human resource management, training needs assessment and labour. Also, my interests lie in the tribes and dalits of India; and, Ambedkar and his visions on modern India and his welfare policies on labour.
Recently I was part of a Government campaign for National Health Service, at the United Kingdom. Prior to it, I have served as Consultant for a National Programme on School Standards and Evaluation, at National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi. To my credit I have published 12 articles in different peer-reviewed journals and edited books (in national and international). Presented 30 papers across national and international conferences in India and abroad. Being in India, my academic visits include, University of Vienna, Austria; Roskilde University, Denmark; Yokohama, Japan and at the United Kingdom. I am an active member to academic bodies like AIMS International (Association of Indian Management Scholars); International Sociological Association, Spain; Comparative Education Society of India admitted to UNESCO International Bureau of Education, Switzerland.
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2021. Dr. Ambedkar, The Victor of Labour in Modern India, in Devender Singh (ed.). Nationalism in the Constitution of India (pp.)143-155, New Delhi: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2021. Women Empowerment and National Integrity through the Constitution and Public Policies in Devender Singh (ed.). Nationalism in the Constitution of India (pp.)111-124, New Delhi: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2020. Social Diversity, Inequality, Academic Competence and Struggle for Equity in Higher Education: An Attempt to Heard Voices of Dalits Torment in South Asia in D. Parimala (ed.). Higher Education in South Asia Challenges and Possibilities (pp.) 347-361, New Delhi: Kanishka Publishers, Distributors (with Dhaneswar Bhoi).
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2020. Atrocities and Dalits in India: Demand for Justice through Critical Consciousness in Academia. Atrocities on Dalits in Contemporary India, pp: 68-85. Manas Publishers and Distributors: Jaipur (with Dhaneswar Bhoi).
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2018. Post Liberalization, Dalits and Large-Scale Industry: Experiences of Labour who Migrated from Coastal Odisha to Other Parts of India. (Ed.). Labour Migration in the Post Liberalization Era, Pp-187-205, CISRS: Bangalore (with Dhaneswar Bhoi).
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2014. Social Security, Informal Labour, Voluntary Organisations: Survival for Workforce from Marginal Communities, Power, Violence and Justice: Reflections, Responses and Responsibilities, Toronto: International Sociological Association, pp.544-544.
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2017. Educational Attainment among the Scheduled Tribes in India: An Analysis of Policies, Pedagogy and Practices, Social Action, 67 (3):280-301 (with Dhaneswar Bhoi).
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2016. Assessment of Employee’s Training: A Case Study of Steel Industry in India. The IUP Journal of Management Research, XV(4):38-59.
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2016. Training Need Assessment, Social Entrepreneurship and Employment in Informal Sector: Line Drawn from Public Sector and Educational Institution in India', 3rd ISA Forum of SOCIOLOGY, p.392.
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2015. Training Needs Assessment in Informal Sectors: A Study of Street Vendors and Their Facilitators in Mumbai. MERC Global’s International Journal of Social Science & Management, 2(4):211-218.
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2014. Issues of Atrocity and Discrimination Against the Dalits: A Study of Students Protest at the Premier Indian Educational Institutions, Facing an Unequal World: Challenges for Global Society, Yokohama: International Sociological Association, p.542 (with Dhaneswar Bhoi).
- Lakra, Neelima Rashmi. 2014. Identification of Training Needs in Informal Sector for Street Vendors and Their Facilitators in Mumbai, Facing an Unequal World: Challenges for Global Society, Yokohama: International Sociological Association, p.542.