Dr Jamie Cross
Senior Lecturer, Social Anthropology and Development; Associate Dean (Knowledge Exchange and Impact), College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
Dr Aaron Kappeler
Lecturer in Anthropology of Development
2016-2017 MSc in Environment and Development, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
2002-2007 BA in Political Sciences and Public Administration with Specialty in Political Marketing, Universidad Iberamericana, Mexico City, Mexico.
CONACYT-SENER "Energy Sustainability", PHD full scholarship, 2018-2022.
CONACYT-SENER "Energy Sustainability", Masters full scholarship, 2016-2017.
Tutor/Teaching assistant for "Development: Principles and Practices", MSc Environment and Development, School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh.
Conferences organisation (collaboration)
- "The Just Transition towards a Low-Carbon Economy- integrating climate, energy and environmental justice", 2018, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- "Energy Justice Research Retreat", 2017, St. Andrews University, Scotland.
- Gender Issues, Mexico.
- Not Just Energy Futures Research Group, UoE.
- Energy and Society Network, UoE.
- Sustainable Development Association, UoE.
- Low Carbon Society; Mexican Society and Latin American Society, UoE.
- Associate General Director at the Unit of Especial Activities, Presidency of the Republic, Mexico. (Federal Government) 2017-2018
- Area Director for the Protocol Division at the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Federal Government) 2015-2016
- Area Director at the Unit of Especial Activities, Presidency of the Republic of Mexico. (Federal Government) 2013-2015
- Consultant at Semitki Consultores, advisement on marketing, public policy, communication and administrative strategies for local governments. (Private enterprise) 2013
- General Director of Delegation Management at Delegación Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Mexico City. (Local Government) 2012
- Private Secretary to the General Director of Radio Educación XEEP, broadcasting station of the Mexican Ministry of Public Education. (Federal Government) 2010-2011
- Adviser at the Political Coordination Board of the Mexican Senate of the Republic. (Federal Government) 2009
- Coordinator of Social Media in a Local Congressmen Campaign for the Legislative Assembly of Mexico City. (Local Government) 2009
- Private Secretary to General Director of Consorcio Estratégico Corporativo COESCO, Public Relations and Communication Strategies. (Private enterprise) 2007-2009
- Paid Intership: Adviser at the Coordination of Advisors of the Parliamentary Faction of Nueva Alianza Party at Legislative Assembly of Mexico City, during the Fourth Legislature. 2006
Balance of power, Environment, ethnography, Institutions and institutional change, Ideology, nationalism, Policy construction, Sustainability, Inequality, Light, electrification, Mexico, Developing World, Neoliberalism, energy, State-formation, Nation-state, Energy & Infrastructure, Power and resistance, trade unions