Meeting dates 2020-21
Wednesday 25 November 2020 (2pm -3pm)
Wednesday 3 February 2021 (1pm - 2pm)
Wednesday 24 March 2021 (1pm - 2pm)
About PG Education Committee
The PG Education Committee is the core PG meeting format at School level. It is responsible for:
- Discussion of teaching, learning, and assessment methodologies and operational issues as well as quality assurance enhancements, and other taught and research student matters
- Review and action recommendations from the SSLC minutes from PGTs and PGRs
The Committee meets at least once per semester. Business will be conducted virtually as necessary, but meetings of this committee will be best held in-person.
The membership consists of:
- Chair: Deputy Director for Learning and Teaching
- Learning and Teaching Directors, including the Director of the Research Training Centre
- One representative from subject areas and/or clusters of MSc degrees who is sufficiently experienced and prepared to speak to both PGT and PGR issues, liaising with colleagues teaching in their Subject areas as necessary:
- Global Health Policy
- International Development
- Politics and International Relations
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Social and Political Science
- Social and Public Policy
- Social Anthropology
- Social Work
- A representative from the Learning Technology Team,
- The EUSA Postgraduate School representative,
- The Board is supported by the PG Policy and Procedures Secretary.
Sub-committees will be the Programme Directors Group and Postgraduate Advisors Group, each of which will be convened by their respective L&T Director and should meet at least once per semester.
Scholarship activities in the School are now overseen by the Director of Research Programmes, in liaison with Postgraduate Advisors.