School of Social and Political Science

Extensions and Special Circumstances


Before applying for special circumstances

Before applying for special circumstances, please contact Research Student Support or your Programme Director to discuss the situation.  We may be able to advise on additional support options. 

Supporting you

We are committed to supporting you during your studies. 

Where something beyond your control has an adverse impact on your academic performance, you can apply for a coursework extension and/or for special circumstances via the Extensions and Special Circumstances Service.  Full details can be accessed via the link below.

Extensions and Special Circumstances Service

Additional resources

Student category
MSc by Research