Applications are now closed.
The Advanced Care Research Centre (ACRC) is the result of a partnership between the University of Edinburgh and Legal & General.
With ambitions to transform care in later life, the ACRC includes an Academy for Leadership and Training in Advanced Care based on a 4-year PhD programme with integrated study.
The closing date for applications is:
- 31 January 2021
PhD scholarship projects
The Academy is currently advertising 13 PhD scholarships, including projects supervised by academic members from the following University of Edinburgh schools:
The School of Social and Political Science
- Prof. Linda McKie - Understanding care transitions in remote communities
- Dr Alan Marshall - Neighbourhood and health in later life: a mixed method study
- Dr Alan Marshall - Allostatic load in later life: How does neighbourhood 'get under the skin'?
- Dr George Palattiyil - Inclusive 'Usual Care' Pathways for BAME Older People: Co-producing a conceptualising framework
The Business School
- Prof. Stephen Osborne - Identifying and resolving the ethical challenges of emergent new technologies (e.g. AI/robotics) for supporting elderly people in the community)
The School of Informatics
- Dr Nigel Goddard, - Activity-Based Enhancement of Quality of Life at Work for Formal Carers).
More information from the ACRC
For enquiries, FAQs and a full list of projects available, visit the ACRC website: