The online Dissertation Library includes content from all postgraduate degrees in the School, including all taught and research MScs and the Masters of Social Work (MSW).
As an SPS masters student in the School of Social and Political Science, you are given exclusive access to the Library.
Please note that dissertations from any given academic year may not be uploaded before March/April of the following year.
- Library Content
- First Class dissertations
- Placement-based dissertation reports
- analytical reports
- other variants on the academic dissertation
- Terms & Conditions
- The Online Dissertation Library is available to all MSc students currently registered to study at the School of Social and Political Science.
- Copyright of a dissertation is retained by the author and The University of Edinburgh. Ideas contained in a dissertation remain the intellectual property of the author and their supervisors, except stated otherwise.
- Students will be aware of the School guidance on plagiarism. All dissertations have been submitted through the Turnitin plagiarism detection software. Students making use of these dissertations in their own work must reference them as with any other source material. Should plagiarism occur - either intentionally or inadvertently - the usual penalties will be applied.
- Users may download dissertations for their own use only. Downloaded dissertations must not be passed on to anyone else.
- The online Dissertation Library is provided as a service to current Masters students to support them by providing examples of good previous dissertations. Any student found misusing the system will lose access to it and further penalties may be applied.
- Dissertations are anonymous and no information pertaining to final marks, etc, will be provided.
Public Availability of Dissertations' form (Document download, 109KB)