School of Social and Political Science

Student Admin FAQs


There are a few administration tasks you'll want to get done on top of getting ready to study. We've gathered up a few useful links to point you in the right direction on some common tasks for our students.

How do I get a Certificate of Matriculation letter confirming my student status?

You are able to print this certificate from your MyEd account when you have matriculated.

How do I pay my tuition fees?

There is detailed information provided on the University's Finance website to guide you.

How do I set up a bank account?

The University provides comprehensive information about your banking options to guide you with this.

How do I get a letter for Edinburgh Council Tax exemption?

Please follow the guidance on the University's Student Administration website.

How do I register with a doctor?

Please ensure you follow the instructions on the University's website at your nearest opportunity.

Student category