Extensions and Special Circumstances
Coursework Extensions on courses in the School of Social and Political Science (SPS)
- Extension requests should be made through the Extensions and Special Circumstances (ESC) Service.
- Requests should be made ahead of the coursework deadline.
- Any extensions approved by the ESC service will be for four calendar days.
- The ESC service aim to process requests within approximately 2 working days.
- If you are a student with an adjustment schedule which allows extra time to complete coursework, you can access your extra time using the Extra Time Adjustment tool. Please see webpages at Extra time learning adjustments for full guidance.
We are committed to supporting you during your studies.
Where a situation beyond your control has an adverse impact on your academic performance, you can apply for special circumstances via the Extensions and Special Circumstances Service.
Full details can be accessed via the link below.
- Before you apply
Before applying for special circumstances, please contact your Student Adviser to discuss the situation. They can offer help and advice with your application and may be able to advise on other support available.
- Additional resources