My research draws on Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund to explore the effects of internal political dynamics on sovereign wealth management. I investigate how intra-elite dynamics, regime structures and state-society relations in the post-2015 Saudi political landscape shape the sovereign wealth fund's institutional design and behaviour, whether in the Kingdom or across the global financial market. I am particularly interested in the political economy of Gulf states and the multiple facets surrounding the relationship between states and the financial market.
- Ph.D Politics and International Relations, University of Edinburgh (2019- )
- M.A. Études politiques apliquées, Université de Sherbrooke
- B.A. Études politiques appliquées, Université de Sherbrooke
Other Courses and Experience
- Research Assistant, Transformation of Public Debt Management, P.I. Dr. Charlotte Rommerskirchen,
- Quantitative Methods for Causal Inference and Policy Evaluation, Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis, University of Essex, 2021
- History of Economic Thought: Human Behaviour and Economic Activity, Oxford Summer School, University of Oxford, 2017
'The Public Investment Fund and Salman's state: the political drivers of sovereign wealth management in Saudi Arabia', Review of International Political Economy, 2022, DOI: 10.1080/09692290.2022.2069143
"Les politiques commerciales du Conseil de Coopération du Golfe face au concept de solidarité arabe", Centre d'études sur l'intégration et la mondialisation, 2018 (online access)
Conferences & Presentations
BISA/International Political Economy (IPEG) Annual Workshop, IPE in (Post-) Pandemic Times, 27th-28th January 2022, University of Warwick. Paper: A King's Ransom: How Saudi domestic politics shape sovereign wealth fund choices
Warwick Critical Finance Workshop, 24th September 2021, University of Warwick. Paper: The Politics of Profits: Sovereign Wealth Funds, Regime Change and Political Interests in Saudi Arabia
Association Francophone pour le Savoir (ACFAS) 86th General Conference (2018)Paper: Rente pétrolière et solidarité arabe: le cas du Conseil de Coopération du Golfe.
Guest lecturer, undergraduate course (2018): "The Geopolitics of Energy", Université de Sherbrooke
Guest lecturer, undergraduate course (2018):"The Politics of Economic Decision", Université de Sherbrooke