Dr. Autumn Roesch-Marsh and Dr. Jackie Gulland
- Alice Brown PhD Scholarship 2019-2025.
- Winner of the Marjorie Brown Memorial Prize for Best Social Work Student (Masters), University of Edinburgh 2011.
- Winner of the Jo Campling Memorial Prize (Postgraduate) 2011.
- Professional Development Award in Practice Learning (Social Services), Tayforth Partnership, 2020.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning, Teaching and Assessment Practice in Higher Education, Edinburgh Napier University, 2018.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Child Welfare and Protection with Merit, University of Stirling, 2015.
- Master of Social Work, MSW with Distinction, University of Edinburgh, 2011.
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons), Law & Economics, 2:2, University of Edinburgh, 2003.
- Social Worker – Children & Families, City of Edinburgh Council, 2011-present.
- Honorary Associate Lecturer – School of Health & Social Care, Edinburgh Napier University, 2019-2020.
- Lecturer-Practitioner – School of Health & Social Care, Edinburgh Napier University, 2015-2018.
- Locum Residential Child Care Officer, City of Edinburgh Council, 2009-2011.
- Residential Child Care Officer, Howdenhall Centre, Edinburgh, 2005-2009.
- Social Work: Making A Difference, Undergraduate, 2019-2020.
- Working With Self & Others, Postgraduate, 2020.
- Creative Social Work & The Arts, Undergraduate, 2020.
- Trustee and Secretary – Canongate Youth, Edinburgh (2005-present).
- Community Councillor (2017 - present).
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Peer Reviewer for British Journal of Social Work.
Gallagher, M., Smith, M., Hardy, M. and H. Wilkinson (2011). Children and Families’ Involvement in Social Work Decision Making, Children & Society, 26(1), 74-85.
Hardy, M. (2012). Shift Recording in Residential Child Care, Ethics & Social Welfare, 6(1), 88-96.
Hardy, M. (2014). Shift Recording in Residential Child Care: Purposes, Issues and Implications for Policy and Practice, Surveillance & Society, 12(1), 108-123.
Critchley, A., Cowan, P., Grant, M. and M. Hardy (2020). Changes and Continuities in Adoption Social Work: Adoption in Scotland Since the 1968 Act, British Journal of Social Work. doi:10.1093/bjsw
Hardy, M. (2016). Afterword, in V.E. Cree, G. Clapton and M. Smith, Revisiting Moral Panics, (pp.123-130), Bristol: Policy Press.
Critchley, A., Cowan, P., Grant, M. and M. Hardy (2018). Exploring the changing nature of adoption work: Reflections on the 1968 Act. Paper for the 50th Anniversary of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968. Edinburgh: Social Work Scotland.
Hardy, M.(2020). Port in the Storm: Poverty-Aware Social Work in the Pandemic, Scottish Association of Social Workers, Challenge Poverty Week, 6th October 2020.
Several book reviews published in the journal Ethics & Social Welfare and Rostrum, the magazine of the Scottish Association of Social Workers.