Across the Student Development Office (SDO), wider School and other parts of the University, there is a huge range of support available to help you develop your learning and academic skills.
- Academic Skills workshops
The Student Development Office (SDO) runs academic and professional skills workshops across a wide range of topics.
All SDO workshops will be delivered online and spaces must be booked in advance.
- Learning and Academic Skills Handbook
The Learning and Academic Skills Handbook is a tool for MSc students in the School of Social and Political Science (SPS). It will help you to prepare for your programme and make the most of your learning experience.
- gives you information about key requirements and skills
- addresses how to become a critical thinker and reader
- helps you learn how to write at postgraduate level
- provides tips on how to plan and organise your studying and learning
- Institute for Academic Development (IAD)
The Institute for Academic Development (IAD) is available to help you succeed in your studies.
The IAD offers taught postgraduate students:
- study skills workshops
- self-study learning resources
- advice and guidance
- English Language Support
Language support for non-native speakers of English is offered from a range of University support departments, from the Students' Association and from student volunteers.