- Recommended student technology
We want to ensure you get the best possible teaching experience, wherever you are in the world. The move to hybrid teaching might mean you have questions on the type of technology you'll need for study.
Guidance on recommended technology is available on the College of Humanities and Social Sciences website:
- Study spaces at Chrystal Macmillan Building
Due to the current physical distancing and safety measures, there will be no study space or social space available in CMB during the 2020/21 academic year.
Furthermore, the Micro Lab will only be available remotely to students enrolled on courses that require the specific software available there.
Information on the Library and Central Study Spaces
- School Facilities Team
If you require assistance with any of our building facilities, please contact the School Facilities team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT support
EdHelp ensures information and help is easy to find, meaning you will spend less time searching and more time learning.
For any questions, please use EdHelp to get in touch.
If you have any questions specific to SPS IT Support, please email email@example.com
Making the most of IT sessions
Making the Most of IT introduces new students to the University's IT, Library and Learning Technology services.
A version of the presentation (2020/2021) was recorded by Christina Hussell (Digital Skills and Training) and can be found on the University's Media Hopper video service.
Making the most of IT (Media Hopper video)
Video sections by time:
- 00:00:00 - 00:01:33 - Introduction
- 00:01:33 - 00:05:10 - Getting started essentials
- 00:05:10 - 00:07:55 - Email and Office 365
- 00:07:55 - 00:17:49 - University computing, printing and multimedia resources
- 00:17:49 - 00:20:06 - Getting started with the Library
- 00:20:06 - 00:25:44 - Help and support